Reading Addict

I have been always called a bookworm. If I suddenly go missing, you can always find me under a book. 


Reading has become equivalent to breathing for me to the point that I cannot fall asleep till I read at least a page. Since 2011 I have been keeping a reading challenge on Goodreads and I have never completed it until last year. Last year, ladies & gentlemen, I read a total of 100 books. WooHoo!! 

The fact that I was unemployed probably 5 months of the year also helped me achieve my target. All in all those were best 5 months of my life wherein I did what I truly enjoyed. 

A part of me actually dies when someone says they don't read and they would rather wait for the movie to come out. I feel we live in a world where everybody wants shortcut and don't even want to imagine things and rather have a movie do the work for them. 


I sometimes use books as an escape method wherein I dont want to face the real world problems. When I'm so engrossed in a book with what's happening with the character and all the emotions they go thorough, I also become a part of it. Once i'm done with the book i feel like I have won a battle and can face my real world problems. :)


I thought i'll share the my top 10 favorite books of 2016 to get you all in the habit of reading. 


1. What Lies Beneath by Nayomi Munaweera




2. A Man Called Ove by Frederick Backman


Open by Andre Agassi

Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella

Me Before You by Jojo Moyees

A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini

When Breath becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi

Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari

Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon

    The Unspoken Curse by VK Madhavan Kutty

    To read the synopsis and reviews of these books, please checkout Goodreads.

    To check out all the books that I read in 2016 Reading Challenge, please click here

    I do hope some of you take some time out to read couple of these books. Trust me there is nothing like reading a book. Happy Reading everyone!!

    Popular posts from this blog

    Turning 30

    Unemployed

    Mcbender and FassAvoy